Monday, April 30, 2018

Block-in for doubled daffs

These doubled daffodils popped up in one of my pots. They are unlike any daffs I've had before so I cut them and took some still life reference photos. This is one of the compositions. I thought I would get around to painting them before they wilted and shriveled but I didn't get around to it. So, I'm going to have to paint from the reference photo.

Here's my block-in from yesterday. I took into consideration the photo distortion of the bowl so made that correction but I left the Studio last night knowing there were more adjustments to be made.

 So, today I "painted" with the Photoshop Elements clone stamp to correct somewhat for the distortion of the flowers being so big because I was shooting from above them. Another proportion change is adding to the heft of the vase. I still like the flowers leaving the picture at the top. Took the lime out of the bowl and set it beside...and on and on. Just discovered something else: If you paint with small brushes you will get a labored, detailed look. For that juicy-oil, painting-with-abandon look, paint in Photoshop with a large size clone tool. I love the look of these strokes in the photo made with the clone tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment