Monday, April 24, 2017

Preparing for oil painting

Before I forget, here is a link of good advice for those of you who want to sell your art.

And, consider this way to get free advice about your work in progress: I am one of the Critique group leaders for Plein Air Painters Washington (PAWA). If you want to join me and others at my studio in Black Diamond, WA, June 8th and September 14th, 10AM - 1:00 PM, we'll be critiquing each others' work. You need to be a PAWA member. 

Now, back to what I really intended to post today.

Each year I switch mediums a couple times. I like to focus on one medium at a time. Last summer I returned to acrylics then it was back to pastel for the remainder of the year and up until now.  Only a couple oil paintings so far this year but now that the garden is well under way I'm looking forward to returning to oil.

Hardboard panels and my special GESSO brush (good quality so no hairs fall out).

Two coats of gesso with dry time between coats. Yay! I'm ready for small studies in oil.



No comments:

Post a Comment