Saturday, January 16, 2016

Friday Paintings 1-15-2016

It's about discipline. It's about doing what I said I would do, no excuses. Each Friday I plan to paint two small pastels in a 50 x 50 foot room full of empty tables and chairs, under fluorescent lights. Sometimes there is background chatter of other artists or a group of people playing a game of cards. Today I was alone, committed to paint.

Being there instead of in my studio forces me to work through problems of a painting (and with limited supplies). When I am in my Studio I can abandon a painting if it isn't going well or I can wipe it off and begin again. I can throw it away and start working on something else. But, on Friday afternoons, I hold myself captive and accountable. I think it is good for me.

 1.15.16     Blue House     pastel, 5 x 7 inches
sold

 1.15.16     Gold Creek Lake     pastel, 5 x 7 inches
available for purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment