Thursday, January 7, 2016

Comfort Painting

Tonight I finally feel I have something to share in a post (besides photos of my comfort food).

I've been painting with acrylic every day, whining to myself about and wondering what I was thinking when I committed to explore acrylics this year. Today I discovered comfort painting - painting in my primary medium, pastel. The strokes came confidently and naturally unlike those awkward, tentative strokes when one is learning to handle a new medium.

Then, I began experimenting with varnishing pastels so they can be framed without glass. If anyone knows about this, I'd love to hear it.

Then, back to acrylic and surprisingly, it was not so bad! See the little slices below. The first two are pastel and the far right image is acrylic. I am overjoyed that it doesn't LOOK like acrylic! Yay, no hard dry looking edges.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment