Friday, August 22, 2014

summer's end II

Summer's End II, pastel, 11 x 8.5 inches

This painting is a result of my Studio clean-up. I love the colors but I didn't make the best choice of a frame for it. Today, my intent was to re-frame it but once I got it out of the frame I began playing with textures on the right side of the painting. I used "spattering" as described in my book, "Art Answers: Pastels" and suddenly I had a new, smaller (after I cut it in half and saved the right side), more intimate painting. As summer ends, a rain storm approaches threatening dry golden grasses and late blooming blue flowers. 

I've been posting miscellaneous studio items on eBay so I thought I'd try this one there too. "Summer's End II"  is pastel on Wallis Belgium Mist archival sanded paper. Ready to frame in a frame of your choice.  



No comments:

Post a Comment