Monday, November 25, 2013

take two - this time in oil

Last year at about this time, I painted a 7x5 inch pastel color study for a larger work tentatively titled "Dappled Path." The color study, "CS for Dappled Path" was sold on the Daily Paintworks Auction and went to a new home in Sweden.

By the time I finished the larger painting, it was renamed "Sunfall" and it went to the corporate art collection of the Puget Sound Blood Center in Washington. Then, an art patron expressed interest in having me paint the scene again as "Sunfall II."

Once again, I started with a color study, this time in oil, a little larger (8 x 6 inches), with bolder color and a different mood. Today I came across that color study and I will post it, unframed, on my Daily Paintworks Gallery tonight.

 Color Study for Sunfall II  |  oil  |  8 x 6 inches  sold


No comments:

Post a Comment