Saturday, May 5, 2012

I usually paint in pastel with an oil-wash underpainting but I have put my pastels away and am having a great time (and much anguish) painting in oil for the summer months.

I recently purchased Paint Savers on the recommendation of Carol Marine in her April 28 blog post. I inserted a piece of white matboard under my glass palette. While I was marking the matboard for the Paint Saver placement, I set them aside, on top of my glossy reference photo. Mistake! I did manage to separate them from the photo paper but it wasn't easy. Do not set Paint Savers on glossy photo paper! I look forward to loving this product. Will keep you posted.

And, GREAT NEWS! I received Best of Show at the Northwest Pastel Society 26th International Open Exhibition at The American Art Company, Tacoma, WA for "Heartbreak Morning." Juror was Elizabeth Mowry.  I am especially honored because the entire show is very strong; see it if you can!





2 comments:

  1. What an honor to receive that award from Elizabeth Mowry! Congratulations Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! This is such a strong show - either everyone stepped up their game for her or she was able to jury in the best of the best. You can see the show online at American Art Company, Tacoma, WA website.

    ReplyDelete