Tuesday, February 7, 2012

thrice


This is another scene of our driveway. I've painted it twice before as "Light Show II" and "The Good Road Home." This version was painted more quickly because it is smaller than the other two and has a more abstract feel. "Sunset" is 8.25 x 8.25 inches. The top photo shows the reference photo and the painting as an oil foundation before any pastel was applied. I'm using the paper of an old painting - I think it is 140lb Lanaquarelle watercolor paper covered with red pumice gesso mixture.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea that you have painted the same scene before and the title, "Thrice" is so fun. Lovely color and so enticing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth. I don't usually paint a scene more than once but there are a couple places that have something new to say each season.

    ReplyDelete